Chest Muscle Pain Causes
Chest Muscle Pain
Chest muscle pain could be a symptom of heart attack. If you feel pain in your chest immediately call an ambulance do not drive yourself to the hospital because it will only worsen the chest muscle pain you are experiencing. Hospital treatment will gladly prevent the causes of a heart attack if you have treated the muscle pain in your chest. Chest pain could also a symptom of heartburn another symptom of heart attack. Heart attack symptoms include:
- Shortness of breathing
- Chest muscle pain
- Vomiting or Nausea
- Strange feeling or pain in the jaw, neck, back, shoulders, and arms, and upper belly.
- Irregular heartbeat
Prevent symptoms of a heart attack a person should stay active take daily exercises and prevent eating food with high calorie and fat content. Chest pain or chest discomfort that worsens during eating large meals, stress, and exercise and easily goes away when you have enough rest is a symptom of heartburn.
Chest Muscle Pain Causes
Causes of muscle pains in the chest for adults younger than 40 years old are not always a sign of heart attack. Chest pain in women and in men younger than forty can be caused by:
- Chest wall pain – Bones or muscle pains often occurs when a person adds exercise to his daily schedule or increase of activity every day.
- When it occurs if you are coughing, it could be a sign that you have a respiratory infection.
- Rib pain, chest pain, before the rash appears can be possibly caused by shingles.
- A Broken rib or any injury ca in the upper body be a cause of chest pain.
- Chest pain in women can be caused by GERD, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Women can experience chest pain in their lower breastbone. Women can relive the pain by taking anti-acid or eating.
Other chest pain Causes
- Blood Clot – Blood clotting on the lung is popularly known as Pulmonary Embolism usually cause rapid development of shortness of breath and deep chest pain.
- Pneumothorax or Collapsed Lung – These usually cause sharp stabbing pain in the chest and shortness of breathing.
- Lung Cancer – The illness can cause severe chest pain because cancer cells can spread and infect the ribs.
- Spine Disease – Spine diseases can cause chest pain because pinched nerves in the spine are connected to the nerves of the chest.
For older persons, if you feel severe chest muscle pain immediately call 911 and an ambulance. These could be a symptom of a panic attack. Immediately seek medical help for the nearest hospital or from any person near to you that know how to apply first aid.
While you are waiting for an ambulance let the patient chew medicine intended for heart attack or chest pain. These could lessen the risk of chest pain to develop in a heart attack.
For younger persons who are experiencing usual chest pain have you a medical check-up, it is better to know what are the reasons why you are experiencing chest pain. Treating chest muscle pain immediately will make you prevent mild illnesses to become worse.
9 Killing Chest Muscle Pain Causes, Last Updated: 15/11/2017