How to Relieve Hip Pain Muscles Easily
The hip muscles allow movement in the hips. Intense exercise and other strenuous activities can cause tiny tears in the muscle fibers that can lead to swelling, stiffness, and soreness. Overstretching can cause a sprain. Bruises are caused by any hard object that puts pressure on the blood vessels, causing them to break. There are various remedies for hip muscle pain that can help you ease the pain in no time.
Hip Pain MuscleTreatment
A pulled hip muscle is often caused by a strain. When the muscle tissues are overstretched, it eventually tears and causes swelling, stiffness, inflammation, tenderness and redness or bruising on the affected area.
Pulled muscle in the hip
is mostly treated by the RICE method which means Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Depending on the severity of the strain, you may also use different forms of heat therapy in the first couple of days such as heat pads, heat lamps or hot soaks to help alleviate the pain quickly. During your recovery period (10 to 14 days), you should refrain from doing activities that caused strain and refrain from performing strenuous exercises. You may do some endurance exercises and stretches to help rebuild your muscle strength.
The hip abductors are the muscles found in the upper and outer part of the buttocks. These muscles are known as the gluteus medius and gluteus minimus. These muscles play a vital role in standing, walking and running. The hip abductors are prone to weakening and tightening when they are not stretched regularly.
Hip abductor pain
can be relieved in several ways. One way is by foam rolling. Foam rolling provides a therapeutic rolling massage to your hip abductor and helps ease stiffness and strengthens your muscles and ligaments. A hip abductor stretch can also help you recover from the pain quickly by helping your muscles become more flexible and pliable. Furthermore, the muscles have stretch receptors which can help relieved in several ways. One way is by foam rolling. Foam rolling provides a therapeutic rolling massage to your hip abductor and helps ease stiffness and strengthens your muscles and ligaments. A hip abductor stretch can also help you recover from the pain quickly by helping your muscles become more flexible and pliable. Furthermore, the muscles have stretch receptors help improve your mood.
Tensor Fasciae Latae hip pain
is usually hard to diagnose. This condition involves pain into the hip and the lateral thigh. Symptoms include tenderness and pain from the pressure of your own weight which prevents you from lying on the affected side.
- To help ease the pain when lying, lie on the opposite side and place a pillow in between your knees. This will help prevent the tensor fascia latae and the other hip abductors from being lengthened and prevent the activation of trigger points. If both sides are painful, lie on your back and place a pillow under your legs or use a reclining chair for a comfortable sleep.
- Refrain from doing strenuous activities that can aggravate the pain. Although it is helpful for you to move, you don’t have to overdo things. Try to perform your daily activities but take things slow to avoid further damage to your sore hip muscles. As the pain gradually eases, you can start to do light exercises. It is best to consult your physical therapist to know which exercises are best for you.
- Gently massaging the affected area also helps blood to flow through and allow the nutrients to be distributed to replenish the damaged muscles. If you know a good masseuse, you may opt for one.
- Take a warm bath in the tub. A warm bath helps relieve stiff muscles by relaxing them. It also makes you feel refreshed and allows you to have a better sleep at night. If you want to open your blood vessels more for increased blood flow, you can use the hot/cold treatment. Alternate water temperatures from warm to cold for a few minutes to allow the blood vessels to open.
Hip adductor pain
is common among athletes due to their active nature. Hip adductor injury usually occurs when there is forced side to side motion. This happens when you suddenly shift your direction to the opposite direction causing the adductor muscles to contract in order to generate the opposing forces.
– The initial treatment for adductor (groin) pain is PRICE (Protection, Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation). You must refrain from activities that causes you pain. You may use crutches during the first few days to help relieve the pain.
– After 10 to 14 days of healing period, you may start your hip adductor stretch but you should start slowly and gradually increase as the pain starts to subside. Consult your physical therapist for the best exercise suited for you.
– You may also perform some heat therapy and use support bandages after a few days. The heat therapy helps relax the muscles and relive stiffness while the support bandages help the muscles to move with ease and minimize the pressure on the muscles.
– Friction therapy and massage can also help heal your pain effectively. Friction therapy helps break apart the adhesive scar tissue formed in the damaged tissues. Massage enhances blood circulation and boosts your healing process.
Always remember to warm up and stretch before you proceed with your exercise routine. Stretching helps the muscle to be flexible and warming up prepares your muscles for your activity.
How to Prevent Muscle Pain in Hip
Muscle stiffness and soreness that leads to pain can be prevented by following these steps:
- Stretch – Stretching helps the muscles to be more flexible and helps prevent stiffness in the muscles by boosting blood flow.
- Rehydrate with water – Water rehydrates the body effectively. Alcohol and caffeine must be avoided as these can cause dehydration.
- Eat well – Foods rich in Vitamin C and Flavonoids support the elasticity and integrity of the blood vessels. Healthy blood vessels mean better blood circulation and healthier muscles.
- Have some protein – Your muscles need protein after exertion. You can have your protein from natural sources such as lean meat, fish, poultry, nuts, quinoa and lentils.
Keeping the hip muscles healthy ensures an active and functional lifestyle. Exercise and healthy diet plays an important role in keeping your muscles healthy at all times.
How to Relieve Hip Pain Muscles Easily, Last Update: 24/4/2017