Women have been dealing with migraine headaches for thousands of years. In fact, one in six women or 18% of adult women suffer from migraines. Starting as early as puberty, they can become disabling and affect a woman’s entire life. Migraines are more than just headaches; they often lead to countless days of missed work and school, reduced productivity, and a limited social life. Luckily, women don’t need to let migraines control their life. They can learn how to control their symptoms and reclaim their life!
Migraines during Pregnancy
Headaches are the extremely median duration of pregnancy, exceptionally in the first quarter and everything. Women in the middle of a history of migraines may find properties that diminish the experience migraines during pregnancy. Some women, however, cleaner frequent migraines during pregnancy. There are also women who had never suffered from a migraine before it all of a sudden they get to ask the owner provided that the following properties are pregnant. There is no concrete evidence that hormones play a role in a migraine.
A headache may be worse during pregnancy, changes in hormone levels. Usually undertake to care to do better in the wake of the previous quarter, when the costs of the hormone to be more stable.
What is a migraine?
Migraines are a type of a vascular headache. They are in charge of the blood vessels to make every effort to constriction and dilation next. When expansion of blood vessels (now more) properties means severe pain and sometimes the number of symptoms. Female gains in blood volume during pregnancy. Changes in blood volume can contribute to a migraine during pregnancy.
- Severe pain (often a part of the head)
- light sensitivity, blurred vision or blurred vision (can see the zigzag lines).
- Nausea/vomiting, If you have a migraine, your doctor should be used until such time when the symptoms of a migraine can be life-threatening important that the situation pre-eclampsia.
- During the treatment of migraine Pregnancy, Most drugs that are spent to treat a migraine are not safe to take during pregnancy duration. If you have frequent migraines or darkness, you can compare the terminology to your doctor about performing a referral to see a neurologist.
- Take a cold shower: The cold will be able to negotiate to reduce the dilation of blood vessels.
- Use an ice pack or cold compress: You can put it on the back of your neck or forehead to stimulate blood vessels to tighten.
- Lie in a dark room: Many people are sensitive to light from a migraine. Staying in dark room plans to help.
- Sleep: Sometimes, sleep is the only way to get rid of a migraine. If you have a migraine so painful, it can be difficult sleep, but the lie had its ups and the rest should help.
- Massage the temples or breast: Sometimes the message your temple or your benefits can relieve sinus pain.
- The happy dream: Fatigue or sleep sometimes cannot do it in a migraine. Make sure you are fully rested.
- Avoid caffeine: Caffeine is not recommended during pregnancy and may result in a migraine in women particularly.
- Ask your doctor about how drugs are maintained for the duration of pregnancy for a variety of service options.
Treatment Options for Migraine Headaches in Women
Effective treatment options for migraine headaches in women are essential today. Women take on many roles; they are hard workers, strong leaders, achievers, and providers. Women cannot afford to be out of commission for long. They have children, husbands, employees and friends that rely on them. The sudden onset of a migraine can transform them into pain-wracked patients whose lives have just come to a halt for 4 to 72 hours.
Medications used as treatment options for migraine headaches in women can be classified into three groups. There is abortive therapy, preventives, and alternative or non-drug treatments to treat migraine headaches.
Abortive Migraine Therapy: Used to stop migraines or at least ease the pain. (These can be injected into the thigh or taken as a meltable tablet on the tongue for fast relief and to prevent vomiting.)
- Triptans – the newest form of abortive medications. These are specifically targeted to migraines. They constrict arteries and also release serotonin in the brain to help relieve the pain, nausea, and sensitivity to sound and light.
- Ergotamines-an older type of medication which constricts arteries to reduce the throbbing pain of migraines. Ergots are not considered as safe as Triptans and are only prescribed for people who can’t find relief with safer alternatives
Preventive Migraine Therapy: Used to prevent migraines before they appear. (These medications are for people who have two or more migraines a month that interfere with daily routines. Preventives are designed to reduce the possibility of a migraine or reduce its impact.)
- Beta – Blockers such as Inderal® and Blocadren®
- Calcium-Channel Blockers such as Verapamil®
- Anti-convulsants such as Depakote® and Topamax®
- Antidepressants such as Elavil® and Effexor®
- Avoiding Migraine Triggers
- Eating to Avoid Migraines
- Pain Management
- Nutritional Treatments
There are treatment options for migraine headaches in women. It is important to understand that migraines can NOT be cured. Migraines can only be prevented, controlled and treated. Medications only mask the symptoms; they do not make them go away. In fact, the constant use of medication can make you even sicker and give you more headaches! If you have ridden the roller coaster of medications and doctors, it’s time to get off and give the safe and natural techniques that have been well researched and used successfully for a long time a chance to make a change in your life.
Manage Your Pregnancy Migraine in 3 Easy Steps
To have a migraine normally is bad enough, never mind when you are pregnant Keeping a migraine diary will help you identify your triggers and avoid them. Let’s look at how. Try these easy steps to help relieve or stop your pregnancy migraine.
Sometimes it seems that migraines happen for no apparent reason. However, something tends to trigger migraines even though it doesn’t seem like it at the time. Triggers can be different things to different people.
Cheese, chocolate, and foods with additives (e.g. tyramine) along with drinks like coffee, tea, and red wine. Being tired, too much or too little sleep, bright or flashing lights and even strong smells.
Not having meals at regular times, stress or the time following a stressful situation, excessive noise and weather conditions.
Keep a Migraine Diary
To try and understand what triggers your migraine you can use a migraine diary to log when they occur.
You can write down the dates and times of your migraine, keep track of any medication you have taken as well as what you have had to drink and eat, make a note of your sleeping patterns if you have been tired and activities you have been doing. It is also good to give the severity of each a migraine a score out of ten to help understand if they are better or worse at different times. Be aware that it can be a combination of things that trigger a migraine.
Avoid the Triggers
A pattern should emerge that will indicate the cause or causes of the migraines. You can then remove these factors from your life. You should continue to complete your diary, recording the improvements and celebrating your success.
Migraines During Pregnancy When To Worry, Last Update: 20/5/2017